Monday 6 June 2016

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette | Review

sleek solstice

I had been dying to get my hands on this palette for a while now. I had seen it online and after swatching it in Boots one day, I knew I had to get it. After asking and it being out of stock so many times, I finally got one! *does happy dance* 

sleek solstice

The palette contains 1 cream highlighter and 3 powder highlighters in 4 pretty colours. I find it very handy that on the back of the box they have recommended where to use the highlighters. For example, they recommend using the cream highlighter on your brow bone. My favourite shades are the baked highlighters, 'Hemisphere' (the lilac shimmery one) and 'Equinox' (the copper coloured shimmery one). They're both absolutely gorgeous and I can see myself using them all the time.

sleek solstice


Of course, as soon as I got home from picking it up I had to put it on and take a few selfies to see how it looked. I was very impressed with it! It caught the light beautifully and gave my face the most gorgeous glow. The highlighters are extremely pigmented as well. I was actually quite surprised at just how pigmented this highlighter was; the quality of it reminds me more of a high end highlighter without the high end price - it was only £9.99!

sleek solstice

The packaging is amazing as well! It's very sleek (see what I did there?) and it makes it look a lot more expensive than it was. It comes with a little brush as well, but I find it much easier to apply  using my fingers. 

sleek solstice

I really love this highlighting palette and I know I'm going to be getting so much use out of it this Summer because I love a good highlight, particularly during the Summer months. I think it's definitely worth the price and I can't wait to try out some more of Sleek's products if they are as good as this one! These photos of the swatches really don't do it any justice. In person, they're a lot more vibrant, but not so much so that you end up looking like a disco ball. 

sleek solstice

Have you tried this highlighting palette?

Sarah-Michelle x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't tried this palette but it's gorgeous! The colours are just wow! I definitely have to get my hands on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible, but so hard to find - it's never in stock!haha x

      Delete
  2. I have never tried this highlighting palette before, but the colors look SO pigmented and beautiful! Will definitely have to give it a try <3 Followed you on Bloglovin and Instagram, such great feeds!!
    -Lauren

    www.elleisforlovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous palette! Aww thank you so much! x

      Delete

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig