Sunday 27 March 2016

GRWM | Formal

On Wednesday evening it was my school formal or "prom" as some of you may call it. At my school, the formal is a chance for lower and upper sixths to get all dressed up, have a nice dinner, and party with each other, along with a few of the teachers from school. 

A few nights before the formal, I used the bBold fake tan. I applied two coats of this and then showered it off to get a natural looking tan. I would definitely recommend this tan! It was easy to apply and it didn't turn out patchy at all. I got so many compliments on my tan and how natural it looked as well! 

On the day of the formal I got my hair done by my regular hair dresser. I didn't get a photo of my hair (*sad face*), but she basically recreated this hairstyle that I found on Pinterest. 


For my make up, I started with my eye make up, which I used the Urban Decay Naked Palette to do. I wanted to do a brown smokey eye, so firstly, I primed my eyelids using the Urban Decay sin eyeshadow primer, and then swiped a bit of the eyeshadow in the shade 'sin' all over my lids. In the crease I put a bit of the shade 'buck' and then put the shade 'hustle' over it. To darken up the outer corner, I put a tiny bit of 'creep' and blended it all out. Under my lash line I added a little bit of 'hustle' and used 'virgin' to highlight my inner corner and brow bone. Then, in my upper lash line, I used a black eye liner pencil. 










For my foundation, I used the Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation in the shade NW15. This was a great match for my skin when I had the fake tan on and it lasted all night! To conceal a few spots and the dark circles under my eyes, I used the Miss Sporty concealer in the shade light. I applied the concealer under my eyes in an upside down triangle shape to highlight them. I also added a bit of this down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and on my chin to highlight. To powder I used the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set my foundation and concealer in place. 


I then contoured my cheekbones, jawline and forehead and highlighted the tops of my cheekbones and cupids bow using the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette. I added a bit of my Bare Minerals blusher in the shade 'Your Highness' to give my cheeks a rosy flush.


I then filled in my eyebrows using the Barry M Brow Kit and added some of the Tanya Burr Bambi Eyes Eyelashes, some liquid liner and mascara! The Tanya Burr lashes looked so fluttery and pretty! Finally I used the Rimmel Kate Nudes lipstick in the shade 45 which is a gorgeous rose colour, to complete my look.


After my make up was finished it was time to put on my dress and shoes. I got this gorgeous lilac dress from the Forever Unique Website. This dress was on sale from £400 down to £200, and I was so lucky that the only one left on their website was in my size!!  My shoes were these simple silver sandals from New Look.

Then it was time for a few photos before leaving the house and heading to the school to get the bus to the hotel.


This was a bit of a different post from my usual posts! What did you think of it?

Sarah-Michelle x

SHARE:

2 comments

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig