Thursday 14 July 2016

Tanya Burr Soft Luxe Matte Lipstick | Review


I was very excited when Tanya Burr, one of my favourite Bloggers/ Youtubers announced her new Soft Luxe matte lipsticks as I love wearing matte lipsticks because they tend to be more durable and I prefer how they look on my lips. I also really like Tanya's lip glosses, so I couldn't wait to try these!

I ordered the shades 'Puppy Paws' and 'Martha Moo', and my first impressions upon receiving the lipsticks were that the names are incredibly cute, the packaging is gorgeous and the shades are very pretty.

'Martha Moo', which is possibly the cutest name for a lipstick ever, is the one that I was most looking forward to getting. It's the perfect nude shade for me that seems to have both brown and pink tones to it. I've been reaching for this shade everyday as it's so wearable. I think this would look amazing with lined lips to get the perfect 90s look. 


I was also looking forward to receiving the shade 'Puppy Paws', however I was quite disappointed when I tried it. This shade is way too pink for me. When I saw it in the tube, I didn't expect it to be such a vibrant light pink colour, something that I can't pull off at all! I also found that this shade didn't apply as evenly as 'Martha Moo' and after one coat the colour looked quite sparse in some areas, so I had to apply two coats. 


Overall, I do like the formulation of the lipsticks and once they've dried in they do not budge, even when eating and drinking. They are quite drying on the lips though, so I'd recommend using a good lip balm before applying them, but that's to be expected with any matte lipstick. I'll definitely be wearing 'Martha Moo' all the time, but I probably won't wear 'Puppy Paws'...

Have you tried anything from Tanya's Soft Luxe range?

Sarah-Michelle x 

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Looking at the swatches I prefer Puppy Paws but it's a shame it's not as good as Martha Moo when it comes to application. I've never tried any of Tanya Burr's makeup but I've always been intrigued. Now that she's brought out matte lip products I think it's time I finally get myself something; I can never say no to a good matte product!

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that when I applied Puppy Paws to my lips it looked a lot lighter than when I swatched it! Even though it needs a few more coats than Martha Moo it doesn't look cake-y whatsoever.

      Delete
  2. To me both shades look great - i would defo wear both but yeah I do prefer martha moo, it seems more wearable. I've been on a liquid lipstick hype... I feel like I need to try this now lol
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a lot more wearable! I feel like there's a lot of hype around liquid lipstick at them moment

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try Tanya's line! These look like such beaut shades!

    Sophie - http://www.sophiefossil.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of what I've tried from Tanya's line has been great! Rhubarb and custard looks like a lovely shade as well.

      Delete
  4. Great share! Even I have some awesome collection of matte lipstick shades online at majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig