Thursday 31 March 2016

The Vamps Concert 2016

the vamps concert

While I'm writing this it is 12:30 am and I am just home from The Vamps concert in Belfast. I had such an amazing time that I wanted to share it with you all straight away! Also, my post about the concert last year is the most popular on my blog, so I thought you would enjoy this. You may want to grab a cup of tea while reading this, because it's gonna be a long post...

I was so excited to see The Vamps again, along with The Tide who also supported them last year. We were sat so close to the stage in row 6 (although sadly that doesn't show in the pictures) and had an amazing view of everything! 

The show kicked off with Louis Walsh's latest boy band, Hometown. They sang some of their original songs such as 'Cry For Help' and 'The Night We Met', not forgetting their single 'Where I Belong'. They sounded really good live and I had to video a few of their songs for my mum because she loves them haha! I was really impressed with Hometown. I'd only ever heard 'Where I Belong' on the radio, but never realised how good they actually were!

the vamps concertthe vamps concert

Then it was time for The Tide, the American band signed to The Vamps' record label. They also sang their original songs like 'What You Give' which they performed last year as well, and their new single, 'Young Love' (which you can get here if you want!). As always, The Tide sounded amazing and got everybody in the crowd hyped for The Vamps. They also played some of the songs from their upcoming album which sounded incredible and I cannot wait until they're released!


the vamps concertthe vamps concert

the vamps concert

After hours of anticipation, the arena filled with screams as it was finally time for The Vamps to take to the stage and, as usual, they did not disappoint! They started off the show with 'Rest Your Love' and 'Cheater' from their latest album, 'Wake Up', and then performed their single 'Somebody to You'.  After that it was time for some 'Kung Fu Fighting' as they performed their version of the song from the Kung Fu Panda 3 movie. They also did some more covers of songs in a medley which started with their version of Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' (which Brad forgot some of the words to half way through, God love him), then led into 'Stressed Out' by TOP, which is a song that I love anyway, but they did a really great cover of it. They also sang 'Perfect' by 1D, 'Can't Feel My Face' by the Weeknd, 'Stitches' by Shawn Mendes, and finally 'Lean On' by Major Lazer. I loved how they put their own twist on all of the songs that they covered, and the medley sounded really good! 

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

After the medley, Brad played one of my favourite songs, 'Wildheart', on the piano which sounded beautiful and everyone was singing along at the top of their lungs. The rest of the band came out a little bit later and it became a lot more up tempo. I definitely danced along to it! To be honest, I was most looking forward to James and Connor singing 'Written Off' and 'Risk it All' and they did not disappoint! Both of their voices are incredible and these two songs sounded perfect when they sang them. I'm actually quite gutted that I didn't video it! The whole band then performed 'Windmills' and afterwards we were treated to a brand new song called 'Stay' from their next album which they've already started to write. Brad sang this accompanied only by an acoustic guitar. I loved this song and it's made me so excited for more new music from them (and also another tour). 

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

The Vamps have a new single coming out tomorrow (April 1st) called 'I Found a Girl' featuring OMI, the guy who sang the 'Cheerleader' song that everyone was obsessed with for a while, so obviously they performed it. However, rather than OMI, they got Austin, the lead singer from The Tide, to sing his part. This song actually makes me laugh a bit, particularly the line 'baby you're mistaken, I'm not into bacon'. It is a good song though! You can get it here if you want...They also performed their song 'Volcano' which features Silento. Yep, the guy who sang the Whip Nae Nae song! Rather than having him on tour, we got to hear Tristan rap, and he was actually really good at it! It was nice to see Tris on stage with the rest of the boys as well, rather than being behind the drum kit all night!

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

'Oh Cecilia' was performed more so by the new band signed to The Vamps' label, New Hope Club, and to be honest I was kind of disappointed that the boys didn't sing it themselves! Nonetheless, it still sounded good with brad on the drums and James playing the guitar. I can definitely see New Hope Club being pretty big in the future! Like last year, Tris had a drum solo and again it was incredible! He played at the end of the runway on an elevated rotating platform, so everyone could see him perfectly. 

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

Of course, it wouldn't be a The Vamps concert if they didn't play their singles, 'Last Night' and 'Can We Dance'. The whole arena went mad during these two songs, especially 'Can We Dance' as Brad asked everyone to sing the lyrics as loud as we could. The final two songs that they performed were 'Stolen Moments' (definitely one of my favourites from the album) and 'Wake Up', one of their previous singles. Brad played 'Stolen Moments' on a beautiful black grand piano at the end of the runway and was joined by the rest of the boys on the main stage a bit into the song. During 'Wake Up' everyone sang as loud as possible and danced along. As they performed, paper confetti fell throughout the arena, and at the end of the song they took their final bow!

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

It was an incredible concert and I honestly don't know where The Vamps get all of their energy from! They ran and jumped and danced about the stage all night while singing. I would be out of breath after a minute doing that! They always put on a great show though, and their support acts are always amazing. When we were waiting on our lift we actually headed round the back of the arena to see if we could meet the boys, but sadly we missed them.

The post-concert depression has started to hit me already haha! Obviously I took way too many photos, so at least I can look back and remember the night. 

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

the vamps concert

Are you going to see The Vamps at any of their concerts? Or have you seen them before? 

Sarah-Michelle x 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time, you were so close! I love The Vamps and I'm going to see them in Manchester this tour, I've been to all their tours so far so I can't wait to see them again! I can't wait to see Tristan rap Volcano live! You got so many good photos x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely incredible! You'll have a great time at the show! x

      Delete
  2. I used to love the vamps but I haven't listened to them in a while.
    I've nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog!
    http://caitlinlucyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig