Sunday 21 February 2016

UD Naked Palette VS MUA Undressed Palette

urban decay naked palette


The other day as I was sat on my bed deciding which of my eyeshadow palettes to use, I noticed some striking similarities between the Urban Decay Naked Palette and the Make Up Academy Undressed Palette, which I received a few months ago in a Glossybox, used once or twice, and then threw to the bottom of my makeup bag, forgotten, as I tend to reach straight for the Naked Palette.

All of the shades in the Undressed palette are very similar to those in the Naked palette, they're even in the same order as those in the Naked Palette! I swatched a few of the shades from both onto my hand to see the difference between the two palettes, and although they are very similar, the Urban Decay eyeshadows are obviously more pigmented.


On the right is the shade 'sin' from the Naked palette and on the left is it's MUA counterpart. 

I decided to try and recreate my usual eye look that I wear when I'm not at school (which I wrote about in my everyday make up post), but rather than using the Urban Decay palette I used the eyeshadow palette by MUA. I wasn't disappointed with this product, and in fact, I was pleasantly surprised with the results! I achieved exactly the same look and you could barely tell the difference between the two. I’ll definitely be wearing the MUA palette more frequently and save my Naked palette for more special occasions!

urban decay naked palette
Add caption

 Even though the MUA palette is not as pigmented as the Naked palette, it is still pretty pigmented! In comparison to some other palettes from other drug store brands, the Undressed palette is very pigmented, and for only £4 (yes you read that right!) it's a great dupe for the Naked palette, and perfect for those who are only starting out with make up or those who don't want to splash out a hefty £38.50 on the Naked palette, which is practically the same. 

What are your thoughts on these two palettes?

Sarah-Michelle x 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I want to try both of these palettes! I only have the naked 3 palette because of the pinkish colours but this looks quite nice as well :) I wish I had easy access to MUA because everyone talks about their palettes and I so badly want to try them out!!

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great palettes! I'd love to try the Naked 3, it looks absolutely gorgeous! x

      Delete
  2. I do really like the pigmentation of the Naked palette but now I kind of want to test out the MUA one as well! Looks like it would be really nice for a less intense day time version of Naked palette eyes!

    Sofia x
    www.thelondonedit.me

    ReplyDelete

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig