Monday 8 February 2016

My Everyday Make Up | Updated


Hello everyone! 

It's been a while since I've written about my everyday make up, and it's changed quite a bit recently. I've started to use some more high-end brands and I've definitely noticed a change in the appearance of my make up, so I thought I'd share an updated everyday make up routine. 

After cleansing, toning and moisturising using my Liz Earle products, I'll prime my face using a pea-sized amount of the Emite Diamond Heart primer. I've only started wearing a primer everyday recently because previous primers that I've used broke me out after only one use. This one hasn't broken me out yet, it helps my make up to stay on better, and it gives my skin a nice healthy looking glow. 

I'll then move onto foundation. I pour a small amount of Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Light 01 Siberia (I'm so pale!) onto the back of my hand and then slowly blend it onto my face using the Real Techniques blending sponge. Nars Sheer Glow is such a lovely, lightweight foundation that matches my skin-tone perfectly! It has good coverage as well, and I've ditched the concealer because I've found myself no longer needing it to cover up the dark circles under my eyes while using this foundation. I love the real techniques sponge for blending my foundation. I slightly dampen it with water before I use it and it leaves a flawless finish every time!

To add a flush of colour to my face I use the Bare Minerals blusher in the shade 'your highness' which I featured in my January favourites. This is a pretty rose pink shade that's perfect for everyday wear. I tap a tiny bit of the loose blush into the lid and swirl my angled blush brush by eco-tools around in it. A little goes along way with this blush as it's highly pigmented, but also very easy to blend!


I never leave the house without powdering my foundation as it sets everything in place. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder and lightly dust this all over my face, paying more attention to my T-zone and under my eyes, using my cute little eco-tools powder brush.  The stay matte powder is my go-to powder and has been a favourite of mine for years - probably since I first started wearing make up! It's a really good product for a really good price. 

Brows are a very important part of my make up routine. I feel naked if I don't fill them in slightly! I use the powder from the Barry M Brow Kit (I think this is the only product that's the same as my previous everyday make up post) to fill them in a bit and give them more shape. I use an angled brush by eco-tools to apply the powder. The colour of the powder is a really good match for my natural colour so they don't look too overpowering. 

The next step depends on where I'm going. At school we aren't allowed to wear much make up, and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered spending loads of time in the morning doing eyeshadow anyway - I like my time in bed way too much! However, if I'm going shopping or somewhere like that, I will wear eyeshadow. I try to keep it quite natural though. No smoky eyes or anything. I usually swipe the shade 'sin' from the naked palette all over my lids and then put a little bit of the shade 'buck' through my crease. Sin is a really nice shimmery pink/champagne colour which is very pretty and not too intense, and buck is a matte brown, perfect for adding more definition in the crease. To finish my eyes off I add a little bit of buck to my lower lash line and highlight the inner corners and brow bone with the  shade 'virgin'. 



And finally, no make up look would be complete without mascara! I use the Benefit Roller Lash everyday which is great for my short, fair lashes. The curved wand with different sized bristles is great for lifting my lashes and makes them stand out more than they have ever before!

And that's my everyday make up! Whenever it's all written down it seems like a lot of make up!

Are any of these products in your everyday make up routine?

Sarah-Michelle x 

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I would love to try the Naked palette! Lovely post, that sounds like such a great look x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Naked palette catch my eyes right away, love the color collection. Would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN and Instagram please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving the roller lash too, soon good ! x
    emilylavenders.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these products you're using look so gorgeous!
    xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine the very simple yet gorgeous look it would be!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete

© Simply Sarah-Michelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig